Friday, March 12, 2010

Going to the Dogs

When life is a little stressful, my blog(s) tend to get seriously neglected. Apparently so do my dietary aspirations of greatness.  In the last week there have been mall food, Taco Bell, lots of drinking and the incident with the Campbell's Soup-at-Hand.

Driving to and from Sacramento last weekend was a junk food fest. The beef jerky tasted disgusting.  Shrimp tacos from Taco Bell off the 5 near the sweet, sweet smell of cow dung were satisfyingly salty and I am sure frighteningly laden with every kind of thing Pollan warns against.  But it was the Campbell's soup that tipped me over the edge.  Soup-at-Hand is a great concept. A single serving of soup in a microwaveable container you can carry around with one hand and drink without spilling.  Genius for travel and I used to keep several of these in my car.  However...

Having eaten consciously clean over the last 8 or 9 weeks, I think my system is no longer used to so many chemicals.  I started to drink the Campbell's chicken soup and about halfway through the options were a) toss the soup or b) toss my cookies.  The soup landed in the bin.

Today I ate a hot dog from Aunty Anne's pretzels at the West Covina mall. *hangs head in shame*.  I have a long and busy weekend ahead of me with no food in the fridge, no time or convenient way to get or make food and the incline of a long slide down a slippery slope behind me.

Monday I plan to be back on track.

No comments: