Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Leafy Lunches

Thinking about food and food victimization all day yesterday after my post stating that lunch was, "on upper management", implying I was dietarily victimized by what someone else chose for my lunch. I have a car. The offices in which my cubicle is located lies equidistant between a Trader Joe's and a Whole Foods.  Instead of hormonally hoovering two pieces of pizza and a Caesar salad (as chosen by aforementioned management), I hopped in my hoopty and headed for TJ's.

Lunches the rest of this week:

  • One container Egg White Salad (xantham gum, created as a by-product during the fermentation of sucrose and glucose, is used to help maintain emulsification, in other words to keep oil from separating from the rest of a mixture).
  • Large pile of arugula leaves.
  • 3/4 cup raw broccoli.
  • 2 tablespoons eggplant hummus.
  • Galeo's Miso Caesar dressing (literally nothing unrecognizable on the label).
This week will be an empowered week of leafy salads with lean egg white protein and lots of fiber. FTW.

No comments: